We are seeking a full time associate attorney with between 5 and 7 years of experience in handling both litigation and transactional matters in our Westwood office. Experience with intellectual property matters is preferred. The candidate must be personable, dedicated, responsible, trustworthy, self-motivated, marketing minded and entrepreneurial at heart. Litigation experience in State court, Federal court and TTAB preferred.
Outstanding academic credentials and excellent persuasive and legal writing skills are important to this position. Email resume and writing sample. Current California State Bar membership required. Direct candidates only.
- Direct responsibility in ongoing litigation matters in State and/or Federal court. Discovery, depositions, law and motion, trial work up and trial.
- Assist Partner and others with ongoing transactional matters including due diligence, primary and corollary document drafting, review and negotiation for transactions, mergers and acquisitions.
- Handle corporate governance matters for client firms including board of directors and shareholder actions and maintaining the corporate minute and board books of various clients.
- Researches and analyzes legal issues confronting clients outlining applicable solutions and strategies.
- Acts as liaison for client with various outside government and non-governmental agencies regarding various legal issues, regulatory compliance reporting requirements, corporate structure, entity information and other corporate governance matters.
- Identify and interpret regulatory laws applicable to various client operations.
- Assists with other litigation matters.
- Review and provide legal analysis and amendments to various client agreements.
- Supervise, directs and train staff and associate counsel in various litigation, transactional and trademark related projects.
- Timely perform other duties as assigned.
Experience: 5 – 7 years of relevant experience which may include prior law firm or corporate legal department experience.Extensive experience in corporate governance, business transactions, Internet regulations and litigation.Strong familiarity with business finance mechanics, options, share issuance, employee option and other incentive plans.Management, administrative and/or policy experience, particularly in the legal, insurance and/or technology fieldsSignificant public speaking, marketing, social media and educational.Technical Skills/Requirements: Extensive knowledge of MS Office including Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, PACER, CM/ECF, Westlaw, Time and Billing, Adobe Acrobat.
- Location: Westwood 90024 (local candidates only)
- Principals only. Recruiters, please do not contact us about this posting.
- Please do not contact job poster about other services, products or commercial interests.